Official "24 Hours in the Old Pueblo" Website
Event Location and Schedule:
- The Event Venue is Willow Springs Ranch located northeast of Oracle, Arizona
- Event BEGINS at 12:00 Noon on Saturday, 18-Febuary-2017
- Event ENDS at 12:00 Noon on Sunday, 19-Febuary-2017.
- Amateur Radio Support BEGINS well before the event (the friday before).
- Amateur Radio Support ENDS around 1600Hrs on Sunday.
|24 HOP ARS Listserver|
|Visit this group|
Latest schedule updates
Amateur Radio Operations will be used to aid in the health and welfare of the event participants by providing site wide communication to the event and medical staff.
Owen Watson, AK7AR
Steve Lane, KY7K
Primary UHF FM Simplex Frequency: 446.200 MHz, PL 100.0Hz
Secondary VHF FM Simplex Frequency: 147.560 MHz, PL 100.0Hz
APRS Frequency: 144.390 MHz
(1) Net-Control has operational control of all aspects of the net. This is a directed net.
(2) Fielded Fixed Stations MUST have a full sized, pl tone capable, UHF/VHF mobile radio with a full sized mobile antenna. Handy Scratchies are optional.
(3) Roving Stations MUST have a minimum of a pl tone capable, UHF/VHF handy-scratchy. Bring plenty of batteries!!
(4) GPS Coordinates WILL be reported to net-control using the WGS84 Datum, Latitude and Longitude reported in degrees/decimal minutes. Use of a GPS is optional.
From ORACLE Junction: the intersection of HWY 79 with HWY 77 (a.k.a Oracle HWY):
(1) When you reach Oracle Junction, initially try to check in with Net-Control using the primary UHF frequency. If there is no response then try using the VHF frequency. Continue attempting to make contact with net-control until you get checked into the net (do not forget your PL tone).
(2) As you are heading from Oracle Junction to Oracle, proceed 4.8 +/- 0.2 miles down HWY 77 to the Willow Springs Road intersection. You will turn left (NORTH)onto Willow Springs Road.
(3) You will travel 9.3 +/- 0.2 miles on Willow Springs Road and do a nasty little 150-ish degree hairpin turn onto 24HOP way. Be careful, this turn off is VERY easy to miss. But during the event there will be an official check-in tent set up (food donations are here) and so it will be a no brainer to see where the turn off is at.
(4) Once you are on 24HOP way, Net-Control is located 1.62 +/- .01 miles from the hairpin turn.
(5) Electronic MAPS and GPS data are provided above, simply scroll up and download them as you see fit.